9.29.2010

Monday cookies... on Wednesney???

Hi everyone...

Today's post is two days late, I know.  I apologize in the best way possible, with warm and delicious carrot cake cookies.

Last week, after reading blog after blog of fall recipes, I was craving fall treats like a mad woman. But since out here it is still on the summery side, I though I'd make carrot cake, or a sightly faster and less messy version of carrot cake.



Today's cookie starts off like any Monday cookie, with a batch of sugar cookie dough. Then we add all the carrot cake basics, mix it all well and into the oven it goes. Out comes a warm little cluster of carrot cake. My son is at that stage were he helps mommy with everything, measuring ingredients, playing with the butter, and yes, playing with the dough, so we make little 1" dough balls. He likes his cookies bite sized, perfect for his little hands and mouth. Having said that, if it were up to me, i'd make giant freeform cookies, with brown crisp edges and soft comforting center. However you choose to shape you cookies, they sure are delicious.



Recipe - makes a dozen cookies
1 cup sugar cookie dough, at room temperature
1/3 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp maple sugar
1/8 tsp grated lemon/orange zest

- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Shape cookies into 1" balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silpat mat.
- bake at 325 F, for 8 min, or until slightly brown around the edge.

I've been visiting various sites and blogs looking for ideas for my sons room, and I hope to the post ready for all of you soon. I've also been working on all those baby blankets and as soon as I get a chance, I'll photograph them and share the pictures with you. Hopefully soon!!!!

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you bake a batch of this delicious cookies to brighten up your day!


ciao ciao natalia